University Mark Guidelines 2020 April May – Tamil Nadu
Below are the guidelines by which Students are exempted from April May 2020 Semester Examination due to Covid 19 pandemic. These guidelines are applicable only for the Students of Tamil Nadu. Government has released the notification dated 27/07/2020 announcing the ways through which marks will be awarded to the students to be treated as passed.
UGC guidelines on University Mark Guidelines 2020 April May
As we already know that In Tamil Nadu, End Semester Examination has been cancelled as per notification released on 23rd July 2020. This cancellation is not applicable for Final year Students. Below is the detailed draft of the marks to be awarded for the cancelled exams in order to be considered as passed. UG PG courses (except final years) pass marks will be awarded based on following norms –
- For Language and core subjects, marks scored by students in external Exams (previous semester) will be considered for 30% and current semester internal marks will be considered for 70% totaling to 100%.
- For Regular papers and Elective papers – pass mark will be awarded based on 100% of internal marks.
- For Practical examination, pass mark will be given based on laboratory record.
- Students who have got arrears (in previous semester), have to write their arrears exams in the upcoming semester.
- Above rules are eligible for distance education courses as well.
- For those distance education courses, where in no internal marks is given, all students will be given minimum pass mark.
- Those students who are not satisfied (or not interested) with this marking schemes, can appear for the exams to be conducted in upcoming semester to boost their marks.
- In this Covid 19 pandemic period, considering the difficult situation, for those students who gets fails( low marks) will be given minimum pass mark and are considered as passed.